The oil change is one of the most important maintenance procedures for your 2020 Kia Optima. Regular oil changes are crucial for ensuring that the engine runs smoothly, extends its lifespan, and improves its fuel efficiency. The good news is that changing the oil on a 2020 Kia Optima is a straightforward process that you can do on your own with the right tools and knowledge.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps of changing the oil on your 2020 Kia Optima and explain why it may be a good idea to go to a quick lube for this task. We’ll also discuss the benefits of going to a quick lube for your oil change.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing the Oil on a 2020 Kia Optima
- Gather the necessary tools and supplies Before you start, you’ll need to gather the following tools and supplies:
- Oil filter wrench
- Ratchet and socket set
- Drain pan
- New oil filter
- Fresh engine oil
- Locate the oil filter and drain plug Under the hood of your 2020 Kia Optima, locate the oil filter and drain plug. The oil filter is typically located near the engine block, while the drain plug is located on the bottom of the oil pan.
- Raise the vehicle Using a jack, lift the front of the vehicle and securely place it on jack stands.
- Remove the oil drain plug Use the ratchet and socket set to remove the oil drain plug. Allow the old oil to drain into the drain pan.
- Remove the oil filter Use the oil filter wrench to remove the oil filter. Discard the old filter.
- Install the new oil filter Coat the gasket on the new oil filter with a thin layer of oil. Then, hand-tighten the new oil filter in place.
- Add the fresh oil Pour the fresh engine oil into the engine through the oil filler cap, using the funnel.
- Replace the oil drain plug Once you’ve finished adding the new oil, replace the oil drain plug and tighten it securely with the ratchet and socket set.
- Check the oil level Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes. Then, turn off the engine and check the oil level using the dipstick. If the oil level is low, add more oil as needed.
- Dispose of the used oil properly Once you’ve finished the oil change, it’s important to properly dispose of the used oil. Take the used oil to a recycling center, where it will be safely disposed of and recycled.
Why You May Want to Consider Going to a Quick Lube for Your Oil Change
While changing the oil on your 2020 Kia Optima is a straightforward process that you can do on your own, there are several reasons why you may want to consider going to a quick lube for this task.
Convenience One of the biggest benefits of going to a quick lube is convenience. Quick lubes typically offer fast, efficient oil change services that allow you to get in and out quickly. You won’t have to spend time gathering the necessary tools and supplies, and you won’t have to worry about getting your hands dirty.
Expertise Another benefit of going to a quick lube is that you’ll be taking advantage of the expertise of trained technicians. Quick lube technicians are knowledgeable and experienced in performing oil changes, so you can be confident that your vehicle is in good hands.
|Costa Oil – Harrisburg||2720 Walnut St. Harrisburg, PA 17103||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Dillsburg||4 Tristan Dr. Dillsburg, PA 17019||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Gibsonia||215 Richland Mall Gibsonia, PA 15044||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Hanover||224 York St. Hanover, PA 17331||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Lewisburg||2018 W Market St. Lewisburg, PA 17387||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – North Versailles||1716 Lincoln Hwy. North Versailles, PA 15137||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Golden Mile||1809 Golden Mile Hwy. Pittsburgh, PA 15239||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Westlake||25551 Center Ridge Rd. Westlake, OH 44145||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Boardman||8525 South Ave Youngstown, OH 44514||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Poland||3190 Center Rd. Poland, OH 44514||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Mt. Prospect||2016 Elmhurst Rd. Mt. Prospect, IL 60056||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Bloomingdale||250 South Gary Ave #100 Bloomingdale, IL 60108||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Avon||38296 Colorado Ave. Avon, OH 44011||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Milan||1179 10th Ave W. Milan, IL 61264||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – East Moline||702 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL 61244||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Chambersburg||1038 Lincoln Hwy W. Chambersburg, PA 17201||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Johnstown||105 Ohio St Johnstown PA||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Rock Hill||1981 Vista Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29708||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Independence||6167 E Independence Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28212||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Mesa Main St||6150 E Main St. Mesa, AZ 85205||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Holland||W 6th St. Holland, MI 49423||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Spring||401 Rayford Rd. Spring, TX 77386||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – MOL||6015 Andrews Rd. Mentor On The Lake, OH 44060||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Bedford||235 Harwood Dr. Bedford, TX 76021||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Gulfport||11273 Three Rivers Rd.Gulfport, MS 39503||Franchise|