Changing the oil on your Subaru Crosstrek is an important part of maintaining your vehicle and keeping it running smoothly. While you can change the oil yourself, it can be time-consuming and requires some technical knowledge. For this reason, many drivers choose to have their oil changed at a quick lube. In this article, we’ll explain how to change the oil on your Crosstrek and why it may be a good idea to go to a quick lube.
Steps to Changing the Oil on a 2022 Subaru Crosstrek
- Gather Tools and Supplies Before you start changing the oil, make sure you have all the tools and supplies you need. You will need:
- Engine oil
- Oil filter wrench
- Oil filter
- Oil drain pan
- Ratchet and socket set
- Locate the Oil Drain Plug and Oil Filter The oil drain plug is located on the underside of the engine. The oil filter is typically located near the engine and can be accessed by removing the engine cover.
- Warm Up the Engine Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to warm up the oil. This will make it easier to drain the oil and will also help to flush out any debris or contaminants.
- Place the Oil Drain Pan Place the oil drain pan underneath the oil drain plug. Make sure it is positioned in such a way that the oil will flow into the pan and not onto the ground.
- Remove the Oil Drain Plug Using the ratchet and socket set, remove the oil drain plug. Be careful not to spill any oil as it drains from the engine. Allow the oil to drain completely into the oil drain pan.
- Replace the Oil Drain Plug Once the oil has finished draining, replace the oil drain plug and tighten it securely.
- Replace the Oil Filter Using the oil filter wrench, remove the old oil filter. Carefully pour any remaining oil from the old filter into the oil drain pan. Apply a small amount of oil to the gasket on the new oil filter, and then install the new filter. Tighten the filter securely.
- Add New Oil Use the funnel to add the recommended amount of new oil to the engine. Check the oil level using the dipstick and add more oil as needed.
- Start the Engine and Check for Leaks Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to circulate the new oil. Check for any leaks around the oil drain plug and oil filter. If everything looks good, you can dispose of the old oil and clean up your tools.
Why You Should Consider Going to a Quick Lube for Your Oil Change
While changing the oil yourself can save you money, it can also be time-consuming and requires some technical knowledge. Additionally, if you don’t have the right tools or if you make a mistake, you could cause damage to your vehicle.
This is why many drivers choose to have their oil changed at a quick lube. Quick lubes are designed to provide fast, convenient oil changes that take the hassle out of maintaining your vehicle. Here are some of the benefits of going to a quick lube:
- Convenience The biggest advantage of going to a quick lube is convenience. You simply drive your vehicle in, have the oil changed, and drive away. This can save you time and effort compared to changing the oil yourself.
- Expertise Quick lube technicians are trained to change oil quickly and efficiently. They have the tools and equipment
|Costa Oil – Harrisburg||2720 Walnut St. Harrisburg, PA 17103||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Dillsburg||4 Tristan Dr. Dillsburg, PA 17019||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Gibsonia||215 Richland Mall Gibsonia, PA 15044||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Hanover||224 York St. Hanover, PA 17331||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Lewisburg||2018 W Market St. Lewisburg, PA 17387||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – North Versailles||1716 Lincoln Hwy. North Versailles, PA 15137||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Golden Mile||1809 Golden Mile Hwy. Pittsburgh, PA 15239||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Westlake||25551 Center Ridge Rd. Westlake, OH 44145||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Boardman||8525 South Ave Youngstown, OH 44514||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Poland||3190 Center Rd. Poland, OH 44514||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Mt. Prospect||2016 Elmhurst Rd. Mt. Prospect, IL 60056||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Bloomingdale||250 South Gary Ave #100 Bloomingdale, IL 60108||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Avon||38296 Colorado Ave. Avon, OH 44011||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Milan||1179 10th Ave W. Milan, IL 61264||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – East Moline||702 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL 61244||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Chambersburg||1038 Lincoln Hwy W. Chambersburg, PA 17201||Corporate|
|Costa Oil – Rock Hill||1981 Vista Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29708||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Independence||6167 E Independence Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28212||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Mesa Main St||6150 E Main St. Mesa, AZ 85205||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Holland||W 6th St. Holland, MI 49423||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Spring||401 Rayford Rd. Spring, TX 77386||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – MOL||6015 Andrews Rd. Mentor On The Lake, OH 44060||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Bedford||235 Harwood Dr. Bedford, TX 76021||Franchise|
|Costa Oil – Gulfport||11273 Three Rivers Rd.Gulfport, MS 39503||Franchise|